Tuesday 21 April 2015

:: Semester 2 ::

APRIL 21, 2015; TUESDAY

Hello everyone..
I'm  back.

Today, I would like to share what I've learnt in 7 weeks lectures delivered by Dr Sieo Chin Chin.
To me, her skills in teaching is very good and the most thing I've impress with her is she never refused to explain what ever we were asked although have to restart from A to Z clearly. Thanks Dr :)

She taught us on topic Nomenclature and Immunology. For topic nomenclature, I think it is same as previous lecture in last semester. But, surely there is a bit different.

On second week of lecture, we have done our first assignment which is we have to submit two books images of Bergey's Manual.
Here the images :

Bergey's Manual of Determinative Bacteriology

Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology



Next, our second assignment based on the lecture notes and then produce a mindmap on the followings:

  1. Classification Systems
  2. Techniques/Methods for Classification and Identification. 
If I'm not mistaken, this assignment is graded 10 marks.

I was really upset because after the mind map had been submitted, I noticed a lot of mistake that I made on the mind map. Only one person got correct and surely she got full marks. Good job Atikah Nadia :) 


A bit about the mind map, there are three ways in classification of bacteria which are phenetic, phylogenetic and genotypic.

Furthermore, we have to identify the type of analysis for relevant catogories either it is under classical or molecular and etcfor third assignment. This assignment, we have to refer to the Article Identification of M. jalaludinii . Honestly, I hate to read this article. It is hard to understand .
Add caption
Also, she made a quiz in edmodo about this topic on how to write name of bacteria with various type of example and I got 14/15. Yeaahhh!


Before we go through on topic immunology, Dr Sieo oftenly remind us about how hard this topic and focus! And yet, I feel it is hard and stressful. :'(

But, at the end of the lecture, yes! I got it. I understant now how the process is it and much more. For example, there are 3 lines of body defens.

Besides, immunity is devided into 2:
  1. Specific immunity
  2. Non-specific immunity
  • Internal innate immunity (2nd line of defense)
  • External innate immunity (1st line of defense)
Antibodies GAMDE/MEGAD :D
  • IgG
  • IgA
  • IgM
  • IgD
  • IgE
Last lecture on Friday, we had a grouping quiz. We enjoy the moment. About 30 question provided. Based on the marks written on the white board, we got 3rd place over 6 group. Well done to all!

We made a wonderful mindmap about immunology. Alhamdulillah, succeed!! :)

Our mind map hold by Dr :)


Mine



Gonna miss you Dr :*
 That is all for now. Thank you and BYE...

No comments:

Post a Comment