Wednesday 20 May 2015

WEEK 10

WEDNESDAY, 6th MAY 2015

Hey, Assalamualaikum all!
I would like to reflect a little bit about algae as what I've learnt just now in lecture. Can you imagine What does it look like? Let me show you..
Filamentous Algae
Volvox aureus, a species of green alga commonly found in lakes, ponds and ditches
What special about algae are the differences with other photosynthetic eucaryotes which are lack of vascular conducting system and have simple reproductive structure.

There are 3 types which are planktonic (suspended in aqueous environment), benthic(attached and living on the bottom of water) and neustonic (at water-atmosphere interface). According to wikipedia, river ecosystems are prime examples of lotic ecosystems. Lotic refers to flowing water. Start from terrestrial, there are moist rocks, trees and soil. Endosymbionts are smaller symbiotic partners living inside a host organism, establishing endosymbiosis. The symbionts may live within the host's cells (intracellular) or outside cells (extracellular) in multicellular hosts like protozoa, mollusks, worms, corals, fungi(lichen).
Taxonomical, morphological and ecological diversity among green algae
lichen
mollusks

I'm not very clear about these three terms which are oogamy, isogamy and heterogamy. As I explore, all the three terms mean 'Union of gametes or sex cells or eggs and the sperms during fertilization '. 'Gamy' is the common factor that indicates union. The difference lies in the type of gametes or sex cells. .
  • Isogamy & Heterogamy ---> Female and male
  • Oogamy & Heterogamy ---> Motile and non-motile 
  • Syngamy --> Fusion of gamete into zygote
Did you ever heard that diatoms stores their food in form of oil? It is exciting right? Let us see this simple diaghgram
 That's all from me. :)




_________________________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, 8TH MAY 2015; Kampung Selat, Parit, Perak

I had very busy and exhausting day at Perak. I can't attend class today because of Bakti Siswa 'Siswa@Kampung' under Co-curricular. I had stayed with my adopted parents house for 3 days 2 night.

Everything went smoothly, and I am having fun while working hard like doing mural and ect. and learning something new each and everyday. Whats make I frust is that I got a pretty bad sunburn on my face. Hmm... Okay, I've look forward to work and learn everyday instead of hating it.
I even have some left over work as treasurer to meet them tomorrow.

Well it is time to do my stretching exercises for my back and I feel like getting fever. Hopefuly not.

Have a great night and a sparkling day tomorrow. Bye all!


No comments:

Post a Comment